Find out about Dyna!

My photo
I am a 28 year old Las Vegas native with a passion for eating, cooking, and food in general. I love going out to eat, trying new things from food trucks to gourmet. I always take pictures of my food! It's a strange obsession. My goal in starting a food blog is to eventually get invited to Hell's Kitchen. So please follow me, read my food ratings! Help me become a known food critic!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Ruth Chris Steak House


I am pretty sure that I am one of the last people in the world who hadn't tried this place. When I found out we were going here for Natalie's birthday I was stoked! Good steak, my favorite people. I was ready!

 


Let me start off by saying I have been to about 5 higher grade, classy steak houses in Vegas. I am not sure what qualifications that gives me on rating and judging these places. But I know I can cook a dam good steak, and I sure love to eat one. Also, I have grown a small appreciation for these $30-100 slabs of meat that melt in your mouth.

3 of the 4 of us were first timers here. No expectations. I have heard great things, and horrible things so I was truly going in with an open mind and palet.

I started off with a basic dinner salad with balsamic dressing:
Fresh and Delicious.

B ordered Lobster Bisque. I was very excited to try this
Yeah I know, the picture isn't worth 1000 words. Even not being a huge lobster fan I was wishing I had a bowl of my own! What is with the more $$ it is the less you get? Maybe I should learn to cook a huge pot of this goodness!

Next the entrees. Of course steak! They read us the specials, and anyone who knows me won't be shocked that I was sold! Filet Oscar. For those of you who don't know what "oscar style" is let me educate you :)
Oscar is usually a Bearnaise or Hollandaise sauce, with crab meat, and asparagus served over a meat. Such as chicken oscar or filet oscar.

This was 2, 5oz petite filets. Here is a pic: 




The sauce was a tad bit under seasoned. Other than that this was a great meal and I devoured it! I gave B a bite of my crab and that was a thank you for letting me try the lobster bisque. Oh man this was good.

B ordered the Ribeye, it came to the table at 150 degrees sizzling!
We actually took a video of the sound of the butter crackling on the plate. This was also melt in your mouth material.

Kind of random, but had to take a pic of Ron's fat fries:
Its like four fried potatoes on a plate! The mash potatoes were great as well.

We ordered Creme Brulee of course for dessert. Didn't take a pic, because Natalie, B and I killed it instantly. One of the best I have had. I know you may think, "how do you screw up creme brulee?" but trust me, go to the Cosmopolitan Buffet if you question me.

Overall, Ruth Chris met my expectations. I would give it 4.5 outta 5. They are only losing a half point because I have had better. There is major competition for 5 star steak houses in this city.

I am planning on trying them all.

Thanks for reading
XO,
Dyna

No comments:

Post a Comment